Outrageous Amps from MOT's??

Original poster: "Ken Stevens by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bluewaterdiver-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Is it possible??

I was measuring the capability of a pair of MOT's I'm working into a
PSU.

With one MO Cap inline (.96uF, on one output side), I measured 2745 with
the leads shorted out. It'll run like this for about 5 secs. before it
pops a 15A breaker.

If I re-configure and put 3 caps in line (.96uF on one side, and a 1uF
and .86uf in series), I get a 742mA reading.

Am I getting dopey, or did I read that right? Is 2.7A possible? My sleep
clouded brain work this out 115Vx15A=1725W, which seems ok, but I
haven't read anything about amperage that high!

With that, is there a reason that I can't get more than 1/2" arcs with
Greg's Twin MOT II PSU?? What's a "normal" spark length with this PSU? I
can't get anymore out of it and all components check out OK!

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Ken Stevens