Re: Toriod construction

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 07:57 AM 17/10/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Matt Morrissette by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yinzara-at-MIT.EDU>

>I didn t receive a reply to my last posting.  I have a 29" major,
>6" minor diameter toroid made from 6" metal dryer tube.
>
>Should I cover the pipe itself with tape since it is already metal?
>It has ridges on it because it's one of those expandable ones.
>
>Matt Morrissette

Hi Matt, Coilers,

My toroid is similar in construction to yours.  I used it for quite a
while without covering it with tape and it worked OK, but I did find
that there where fewer but longer streamers once I had covered it
with tape.

I guess the many ridges of the uncovered duct offered numerous break-
out points, which where greatly reduced/eliminated by the covering of
aluminum tape.  It's a bit tedious to apply, but worth the effort in
my humble opinion.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+