Re: Sync Gap Timing (was Triggered Gaps)

Original poster: "Peter Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

It should fire at or somewhat after the voltage peak when the TC capacitor
(MMC perhaps) is at it's maximum charge.  Think of each end of the cap as
charged to opposite peaks.  Your want the primary to get the maximum voltage
and current across it.

I got frustrated with the light dimmer trigger and built a capacitor
discharge trigger.  It uses a comparator to detect near zero voltage from
the raw rectified wave form.  Some 555s and a couple SCRs and it adjusts
very nicely over most of the half wave.

Regards,

Pete Komen