From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 9:44 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: oil dielectric

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Xyme3-at-aol-dot-com>

Air?
    Free, self healing, good dielectric strength.
    Oil scares me from being flammable, tho many people
    use it.  I Have my doubts water can be kept
    sufficiently pure.

    best
    dwp

I suspect liquid nitrogen would be best, and also impractical,but water is
definitly out.
Thanks for tthe advice.
Tesla used boiled out oils which might be less flammable. Air is however of
variable conductivty especially in the presence of ozone. Maybe if it were
somehow possible to exclude air entirely, the oil could not catch fire.
Paul