Re: nitrogen laser triggered gap

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "rheidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

> Ed: The vacuum tubes used for soft x-ray were 4 pin magnesium getter tubes
> with the silver color glass top. Aluminum foil was wraped around the
> cercumfrance of the top and hi voltage was applied to all the pins and the
> Al foil. X-rays came out the top. It warked well.
>    Robert  H

	How many guys have tubes like that in their junk box?  I happen to,
left over from many many years ago, but most of that stuff has been
thrown away by now.  These tubes are known in the antique radio business
as "domed" envelopes and even duds are fairly expensive.  Stan Hanson
had some stuff in "the Bell Jar" on use of HV rectifier and regulator
tubes, and it's probably on his web page.  Never tried it as I have (or
at least I had then) a nice big ancient soft X-ray tube which worked
just fine from a 200 watt input TC, and probably put out dangerous
levels.  Managed to puncture the seal on it and all of the (almost)
vacuum leaked out!!!

Ed