Re: oil dielectric

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Xyme3-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 05/12/2002 2:18:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> <Goinbonkers-at-aol-dot-com>
>

> It is possible, but not really necessary unless you plan to use about 50kV or
> more primary voltage.
> Mike

What about frequency? I ask because i do not understand the complex
relationship between tuning and size of the coils. If the Tesla coil is
subjected to high frequency currents would it behave in the same manner?  Let
us assume for a moment Tesla attached his 480 pole generator. If this were
feeding the capacitors, the frequency of alterations would number
240,000\second.  Tesla also constructed some generators that were very high
amperage.  How would that factor into the equation?
I am some what of an amature at electrical work, forgive my ignorance.
Paul