Re: Geek Group Cap mod

> >However the creapage path seems to be the weak link. On you average
> >longneck
> >(assuming salt or brine to the level of the beginning of the neck) there is
> >about 3" of creapage path.
>
> About 6 on a Longneck (3 Up and 3 Down)

And how do you get the inner conductor in there without having a shorter
than 3" path?   I suspect that it would be more like a 3" creep path on the
outside, then a 1/4" (or less) path to the inner conductor.  And, if it
were a precision fabricated one like Terry used in his test, the ions
spraying off the corners and edges will definitely cause problems. Oil will
help..

When you get your xray power supplies unpacked and get some measuring
equipment, you might be able to make some very nice quantitative
measurements. I'm sure that you can find volunteers to provide sample empty
bottles to work with.  You might want to see if the "type of center
conductor" makes any difference...  The other thing that might make a big
difference is how the foil is arranged... sharp edges=EVIL for HV...