RE: Geek Group Cap mod

>Original poster: "Dave Larkin by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><teslaman15-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>Me and my big mouth..... ;-)

No worries, just some of us are rather touchy about such things and all. ;)

>Well, my reasoning for the 40kV rating was thus - The puncture rating of
>glass is 250V/mil by the book.  The bottles I've smashed and measured all
>had walls around 3/16th" thick, which equates to ~ 47kV.

Ok, that makes sense.

>However the creapage path seems to be the weak link. On you average
>longneck
>(assuming salt or brine to the level of the beginning of the neck) there is
>about 3" of creapage path.

About 6 on a Longneck (3 Up and 3 Down)

  The value I found for glass in air is
>12.5kV/inch.  So 37.5kV.  Accounting for a thin skim of oil on the surface
>of the brine I rounded up to 40kV.

Cool.

I'll have the site changed by week's end, thank you for the ocrrection Dave
:)

>Dave

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek