Re: cap for nst

Hi,

For a 15/30 NST you need 100uF and a 15/60 needs 200uF.  The exact value is
not critical but try to get close.  You will need "motor run" type caps as
opposed to "motor start" caps.

These caps are common in AC motors and in salvage and surplus places.  they
are fairly expensive new.

The caps will drop the current the NST needs by about 40%.  This is helpful
to keep circuit breakers from tripping and such.  They will not increase
the performance of the coil noticeably.  All they do is reduce the current
draw by making the power factor to the NST better.

The PFC cap is connected directly across the AC inputs of the NSTs.

Cheers,

	Terry