From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 10:49 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: A few Q's

Original poster: "rheidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

Let me see if I can sort things out. Yes aluminum is more lossy than
copper,
but less thas iron. so lets put it all in perspective. If you are making
compairison only if every thing is the same except one vairiable you can
compair. a cylinder head is not a piece of wire it is a casting of metal
with a large area and mass.Even a piece of graphite that size would
conduct
more energy than a copper wire.The earth surface resistance is more than
that would be, so wet the ground good and use it.Or you can drive a
copper
plated iron stake in the ground deep enough to match the sane area of
contact.Drive a piece of re-bar in a copper pipe and you have a ground
stake. What ever you use is better than nothing.
  Robert  H