Re: Experiment - Displacement Current's Magnetic Fields

Hi,

I guess "I" was the proponent of the Malcolm's ruler theory that proved to
be inaccurate.  I am not sure Malcolm himself was ever convinced ;-)  My
testing at the time eliminated the sine function for a voltage profile.  I
had a rough idea of the profile then and Malcolm suggested the ruler
analogy at the same time.  It generally fit well and the early versions of
E-Tesla used voltage profiles "justified" by the idea.  E-Tesla could not
have worked with sine functions.  Without some "next step" in theory it
never would have worked at all.  So it was a rather short lived idea but it
did provide a step that was needed at the time for E-Tesla to get off the
ground.  The ruler analogy was inaccurate but not in critical places and
the accuracy it gave was fairly good considering.  E-Tesla works fairly
well with it.

I never could mathematically justify the ruler model.  It never worked out
for the reasons Paul mentions.  But it was the best I had at the time.

If there is any "blame" for the model, blame "me"...  Also blame me for
associating Malcolm's name to a model that did not work out.

Of course, later the more accurate and justifiable model was developed and
that is what we go by now.  But at the time, the ruler model was a big
stepping stone.

Cheers,

	Terry