Re: A few Q's

Let me see if I can sort things out. Yes aluminum is more lossy than copper,
but less thas iron. so lets put it all in perspective. If you are making a
compairison only if every thing is the same except one vairiable you can
compair. a cylinder head is not a piece of wire it is a casting of metal
with a large area and mass.Even a piece of graphite that size would conduct
more energy than a copper wire.The earth surface resistance is more than
that would be, so wet the ground good and use it.Or you can drive a copper
plated iron stake in the ground deep enough to match the sane area of
contact.Drive a piece of re-bar in a copper pipe and you have a ground
stake. What ever you use is better than nothing.
  Robert  H