Re: ~First Light!!!~

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 3/4/02 11:17:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> A 12/60 should do 45 inch arcs according to John's formula.  I think you
> just need to open up the primary gap more and get those safety gaps working
> ;-)  The arc length is proportional to the firing voltage, so set the
> safety gaps properly and just go for it.  You only have about 0.075 inch of
> primary gap now which is low.

Actually, I started with the gap at about .20 or so. With just the SG in the
circuit, it would fire fine. But outside, with the caps and Primary, I had to
take it down to 3 gaps, just to get it to fire. And even then it would be
sporadic. I was waiting to hear the Saftey gaps fire, but they never did once.
They were properly set,just barley not fire, with only them and the filter in
the circuit.  These were also set inside...

Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon (new!)