Re: longitudinal waves

Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Dave, if you can still find crystal earphones, they are very Hi-Z
and very sensitive. When I was young I got into making crystal
radios in every variety and a crystal earphone beat everything else
hands down, including 2K headphones.

What are you going to do to prevent normal EM pickup of the radio
waves? Two wires spaced 1/2 wavelength apart, oriented at right
angles to the source sounds like it'll pick up normal EM waves just
fine.

Steve Greenfield