Re: Magnetic Field in a Flat Spiral

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Paul N., All

NIB - Neodymium-Iron-Boron Rare Earth Magnets.
One supplier is Edmund Scientifics in USA. Used
them as a suppler for work, recommended.

<http://www.scientificsonline-dot-com/>http://www.scientificsonline-dot-com/

Relatively inexpensive for the extreme power of these
magnets.  Edmunds stocks various sizes and shapes
most prevalent are rectangular or disc shaped.
Watch the warning(s) on these magnets, they nearly
10X more powerful then old school alnico magnets!
They can destroy credit cards, FD's, and with higher
power units, can remove skin from fingers/or cause
blood blisters, when contacting magnetic steel.  Some
units removed from old HD are so powerful they can
not be pulled normally apart, they must be slid apart.

Wear safety glasses, they are brittle and can shatter
like glass.  Having a super magnet sliver in your eye
is something I don't want to ponder...and has
happened to other folks in the past.  Consider what
happens in that event when you walk by a steel door
trying to get medical assistance...enough said.

<<Off topic shield down Terry!!!>>   :^)

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA