which type for bleeder resistors?

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I just got zapped with 6kv (1 leg of a 15kv/30ma) while trying to dance arcs
off a glass of salt water.  orange/yellow arc.  ANYWAY. I'm wanting to build
an MMC for my coil for which I've blown holes in my PE cap.  billowing
clouds of smoke emminating from the tank it was in was the clue.

I'm not sure which resistors to get for the bleeders.  i saw a faq by terry
that stated 10meg ohm, 1/2 watt.  searching the newark catalog yielded:

mfg: IRC, stock# 96F3612 at 10M: price: 3.65 in qty of 1-24.
desc: CGH Series High-voltage thick film resitors

are these overkill, or just what I need?
I've never had to price megohm resitors, but the price seemed high to me.
(the caps are cheaper than the resitors!?)

larry d.