Re: which type for bleeder resistors?

Hi Larry,

"I" just get 10Meg ohm 1/2 carbon film types.  Yageo 10MH  DigiKey #
10MH-ND   $13/1000 (they are almost free).

http://www.digikey-dot-com/scripts/us/dksus.dll?Criteria?Ref=88368&Cat=30802464

They are used over the voltage rating but they work fine.  If that worries
you, you can just use two in series.  I have a few thousand extra so write
me and I'll send you a bunch for free  (the price has gone up lately so
they run about 1.3 cents each :-)).

terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net

Running about 1000 volts peak across each one is very safe.  "I" normally
go to 2000 Vpeak...

Cheers,

	Terry