inductor current limiting for MOTs

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I've gathered a few MOTs and realized that I have to current limit
them.  I want to build a small static gap coil with 1 or 2 of them.
Some of the people running MOTs have used inductive current limiting.
However I don't know the equations for calculating the
inductance required.  can someone point me towards the equations?
What shape of core should i use for the choke;
cylindrical or toroidal?  And to choose the material... I'm assuming the
current limiter would be placed before the chokes limiting the feedback
of the high frequency from the primary tank circuit.  Therefore the
frequency would be 60hz.

thanks, larry d.