Re: Stand construction

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/10/02 9:16:51 AM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> it was used on the twin
>  coil system I sold to the University of Portland last year

Mike,
I am working now on a twin coil that has evolved from my 48 inch bipolar.
Each resonator is 24 inches of # 28 on a 4.5 inch OD form. The topload is
4 x 17 heater duct. The primary coils are each 8 turns of 3/16 copper. The
power input is
2.25 KW and Cp is 0.039 uF. I can get 60 inch sparks but I want more for the
2.25 Kw
I'm pouring into the beast. I managed a 65 inch spark just before the fire and
the 30 amp fuse blew.  :-))

I am finding the tuning of the twin resonators kinda tricky. I would like to
learn about your twin, and especially any info on how you tuned the twin
resonators.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman