SRSG disc construction

Original poster: "Sundog by way of Terry Fritz <terry-at-hot-streamer-dot-com> by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi All!

    Here are some pics showing the making of my little SRSG disc.  The disc is
just under 4" in diameter. The one you see in the pics is the first disc that I
cut out (that didn't etch properly).  The one on the motor is the second try.
Construction was the same.  That's the method I use to cut all my SRSG discs,
and they all come out really nice.  I'm trying to get together a webpage that
shows the process of making an SRSG from start to finish (cutting the disc,
grinding the motor, making the stationarys, phasing it, etc.  But I only
recommend SRSG's for those who *really* want one.  The STSG is a much better
solution.  I built this one for fun, and because the footprint of the entire
gap is smaller than the components needed for a STSG.   Anywho!

  The disc is just under 4" in diameter, and the motor is so small it fits
easily on your hand.  It locks into sync with the disc easily.  I painted over
the traces with clear fingernail polish to keep them looking good.  The
electrodes are 8x32 brass, 1/2" long.  There's a copper ring on each side of
the disc. This SRSG is for a small coil (2" secondary, 12/30 or 9/30+ NST).
Stay tuned for the testing!  Comments, questions, etc welcome!

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P1050027.JPG
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P1050032.JPG
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P1050033.JPG
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P1050043.JPG