Re: Ignition coil question

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Hi All,
I've been thinking about this ign. coil in a resonant arc form and was
wondering why we couldn't use the gm coil as the primary, secondary of a
magi style system? I tried hooking mine up to the base of my test coil,
but i think it threw everything out of tune.
What is the way to find a coil config for the third coil? i know it must
add the two secondary coils and then match the primary cap to this, but
will just feeding the third coil via. the base turn work?
I think this would make a nifty little maggie, I was able to draw 2"
steady streamers to a ground electrode with the coil so the third coil
matched up should spit out some nice little discharge from a toroid?
Thanks in advance,
Marc M.

> > Hi Marc,
> >
> > What I had in mind was to charge a cap through an inductor controlled by an
> > SCR, then discharge that cap through the ignition coil (controlled through
> > another SCR).  This part would not be allowed to ring due to the SCR.
I had