Re: Full Bridge IR 2153 Configuration

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

A word of caution regarding the high/low-side IR drivers:  I had tried to
use that type of IR IC early-on, in my s.s. coil, and seem to have found
that the high e.m. field of the secondary interfered with the driver's
internal high-impedance high-side coupler circuit--to the extent that I
had to abandon the effort and go to a home-made bipolar-transistor
h-bridge driver + gate-transformers.  Those interested in those ICs might
want to make sure they will withstand the ambient field before committing
to pc boards...

Ken Herrick