RE: best ground for tesla coils?

Original poster: "Black Moon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <black_moons-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Well, the big thing is capsatance verus topload, its a ratio
the ratio determs how much output is at the topload verus how much is at
the ground.. verus a 'true' 0v
as long as the ground has a large capasatance verus topload, its all ok
Btw, proximity to the topload as in a large sheet on the ground can incress
both the topload and ground plate capasatance past there free air. Also,
many floors are poor insulators, most will leak alot, may heat up, cause
fire hazords even with ground plates. Sure, 200watts may not sound like much
but remember my 50watt flyback has no problems starting fires given the
right conditions.