RE: New Inductance Formula

Hi Dave,
         Sucker that I am, I tried your formula on two different
coils and it appeared not to work. Perhaps you would like to show us
all the fine details of the arithmetic as applied to the following
helical coils:

Coil 1: 4 turns, radius 13", height 5"

and

Coil 2: 980 turns, radius 4.9", height 45"

I will be happy to furnish the correct answers for inductance as
measured at DC after seeing your formula applied on-screen.

Regards,
malcolm

On 28 Apr 2002, at 14:57, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>