NST depotting question

Original poster: "Andy Cobaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kb3ewy-at-rcn-dot-com>

Hi all,

    I finally got around to removing the metal case from my 12/30 NST so that i
could finish removing the tar.  The tar came off very easy after this, and both
secondaries read about 10 ohms to ground (i guess the tar shorted it out).  My
question is how is this transformer current limited?  I can't seem to figure
out where the shunts are.  It is sitting in a bucket filled with gasoline right
now and will be until next weekend.  If it helps it is a Jefferson Electric
NST.

Andy, KB3EWY
<http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh/andy/tesla.htm>http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh
/andy/tesla.htm