Re: Tesla Camp at Burning Man?

Original poster: "John Dyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jd-at-dyerelectric-dot-com>

Hey Ion Boy!

With a name like that you would be a natural for Burning Man.   This is
a seven day party/art project that is every year over Labor Day in the
middle of the BLack Rock Desert, about 130 miles north of Reno.  About
25,000 people get together annually for "radical self expression".  See
the links on my previous post which Terry so kindly passed along,
www.johndyer-dot-com and drill down, and www.burningman-dot-com and see the
whole enchilada.

Tesla coils have been done there much to the delight of me and other
participants by a guy who calls himself "Megavolt"  and has some large
coils capable of 8 foot plus streamers and arcs.  He then wears "armor"
and takes a few, as well as other cool stunts.  While he does big coil
shows, I was looking to do lower key events and provide a theme camp for
those who wish to bring a coil and fiddle with it.  This is not an event
for those without some study and perhaps affiliation with others who
have been, or with a theme camp.  I don't want to catch Terry's filter,
so will move on to Tesla problems and presentation in the middle of the
hot, alkaline dusty, exposed desert.

There are hams, a list called "burning hams"  and there are pirate FM
broadcasters, and many other niche interests and "art" projects...

Anyone wanting more information about Burning Man, please write me off
list and I can direct you  to some pictures and stories.  Check out my
web site and follow the links to our radio station project, KRAP.

Hey there -  Dr. Megavolt - if your reading this list, or this reaches
you, send me an email please, so we could chat a bit.  I know I've got
your url in the machine here, and will find it, but give me a shout...

 <http://www.johndyer-dot-com/>I'm John Dyer    ---  www.johndyer-dot-com