Center Tap Ground

Original poster: "Paul Arrowsmith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <p_t_arrowsmith-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I keep changing my mind about what to do with the center tap on a NST or
bank of MOT’s.
I used to connect this point to the supply earth, but later learned that the
transformer C.T. should go to R.F. ground, which I now use. Of late I have
herd the opinion that the CT should not be connected to any earth/ ground
and it is an unsafe practice to do so.
Any consensus on this?

I keep changing my mind about what to do with the center tap on a NST or
bank of MOT’s.
I used to connect this point to the supply earth, but later learned that the
transformer C.T. should go to R.F. ground, which I now use. Of late I have
herd the opinion that the CT should not be connected to any earth/ ground
and it is an unsafe practice to do so.
Any consensus on this?
Thanks

Paul A