Re: flat coil ?

Original poster: "Chris Swinson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <exxos-at-cps-games.co.uk>

Hi Bart,

> I think sess on a solenoid. On say a normal hd of 5:1 (10x50.7) solenoid
for
> your wire at 2000ft, Cself is around 21pF. At an hd of 3:1 Cself is still
21pF.
> Even at an hd of 1:1 Cself is only 26pF. Now if you went in the other
direction
> outside of the norm, Cself would climb quite high, but it would only be
> academic.

I think im missing the point, what do you mean by "in the other direction"
for Cself ? They way I work things is that they are the same for say 40"
high coils to flat coils, inductance looks a little more with flat coils.
It looks like Cself is the same for both flat and tube coils, just confused
me with what you stated :-\

chris