Re: solid cores

Original poster: "Chris Swinson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <exxos-at-cps-games.co.uk>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 1:56 AM
Subject: Re: solid cores

> Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<davep-at-quik-dot-com>

> Tesla list wrote:
>
> > Original poster: "Chris Swinson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"

> ><exxos-at-cps-games.co.uk>
>
> > Hi everyone,
>
> > Has anyone tried a solid core to a secondary before?
>

> Solid what?
> Corn flakes?  Steel?  Ferrite?
> Tesla tied some laminated cores.  His later work was
> all with air core.  (?).  We have access to different
> materials (notably: various sorts of ferrites.)
>
> best
> dwp

I didn't know you could get solid corn flakes ?!?!  anyway, I assume solid
core everyone would assume so I didn't mention it. Solid anything which
could be used as a core, iron core most probably. I did try it and it
flattened the output totally, acted like a short even with a small length of
bar.

Chris