RE: The effects of high voltage on the body..

Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I would prefer to be extremely sensitive to current.

I once tested myself, carefully with a home-built battery powered
circuit. On my hands I could just feel about 250 to 300uA,
depending on where exactly I applied it. 500uA was a definite
sensation, and at 1mA, the max I was willing to test, it was a
definite unpleasant sensation that I could not ignore.

This was applied on one hand. I'm not foolish/stupid enough to test
it from one hand to another.

My forearm was slightly less sensitive.

I took a light shock from a couple of video games once. I was
manager of an arcade, and while I was unlocking them to count
quarters I had a key in each game and felt a shock. I found that
both had broken-off grounds on the plug and because of the
differences in the power supplies they were both floating at about
25 to 30Vac but at opposite phases. So only between the two was
there enough to shock me.

I replaced both AC cords then went around and found about a dozen
more with missing or near to breaking ground prongs and replaced
them. I got rather mad when my bosses took me to task for
spending the money, when no customers had complained and said I
just shouldn't touch both games at once.

Steve Greenfield