RE: The effects of high voltage on the body..

Original poster: "Pete Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

Jim,

Could it depend on the shoes each person is wearing?  Were the shocks from
hand to hand or hands to feet?  Are your hands sweaty?  There are probably
too many factors to isolate the reason without some careful investigation.
I would expect individual tolerances to vary.  Maybe the case of the oven
was shorted to a hot wire.

I've been hit by 120VAC several times.  Sometimes just a tingle, but others
a pretty good jolt.  On the other hand, 6KVAC is a huge jolt that hurts.  I
got across half a 12KV NST.

I recommend: Don't mess with HV when you are tired.

Pete Komen
Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jim-at-jlproduction-dot-com>

I don't know if this is good or bad but I have noticed that I am
EXTREMELY sensitive to current. For example at work we have an electric
rod oven to heat connecting rods. If I grab it with both hands I feel a
noticeable shock yet almost every other person that tries it does not.
So far out of like 6 of us,the lone exception was the sales rep for the
oven who can also feel it but it is not uncomfortable to him. It is to
me however and he replaced it. What would explain this?

Jim Layton
http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/forum