Re: trioid (spelling?)

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi Adam

Tesla list wrote:

<Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>

> I have finally gotten around to winding my secondary.... wow, thats fun! What
> can i use for a trioid, i was thinking some stiff dryer duct?
> Thanks
> -Adam

The word that you're thinking of is "toroid" - means "doughnut-shaped".
From the word "torus", originally from the Latin meaning "protruberance".

You may be getting confused with "triode" - a thermionic valve with
three elements: cathode[kathode], anode and grid.  This term crops up
[on this list] in the context of VTTCs (vacuum tube Tesla coils).  Does
*not* come from "three lyrical poems" AFAIK ;-)

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith           |   _     ASCII Ribbon Campaign
IT Consultant           |  ( )  - No HTML/RTF in e-mail