Re: The effects of high voltage on the body..

Original poster: "torlin by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <torlin-at-ghostmail-dot-net>

Actually, Ben, you have that backwards.  DC current, being
Direct, will actually kick you away, hence the reason it
is used in fences.  AC, Being alternating, is what causes
your muscles to "lock".  Actually, they are tensing and
releasing alternately (bicept tenses, while tricept
relaxes) and switching back and forth, 60 times per
second, as the current flows into, and out of your body.
 This comes from personal experience, when I was younger
and less attentive.  :)  I walked into a horse fence once,
and was knocked on my a**, and once got too close to the
business end of a florescent light in a cooler when I
worked the supermarket biz.