Re: FIRST LIGHT

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <MrViper82-at-aol-dot-com>

Yes,

I also had a problem with this in my coil.
The tap you are using, whatever it be is shortening the gap between the
tapped turn and the two closest turns enough for the high voltage to jump
across.  Find a different tapping method so the gaps will stay large enough
to prevent this, or you COULD cover the primary turns(where the sparks jump)
with electrical tape to help stop this for the time being.