Re: Interference-SSTC

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kchdlh-at-aol-dot-com>

Matthew-

After my >>considerable<< effort in debugging my s.s.t.c. system, I find I now
have no interference problems.  12" x ~36" secondary; ~40" sparks.  I can
operate my scope 5 ft. away from it (& somewhat below the toroid, of course) &
experience no effect on it at all; I can see a very stable voltage-waveform
picked up by a probe just lying on top of the scope.

It happens that I have a little wireless intercom unit in the same room.  A
long time ago while I was still debugging I could hear noises on that on
occasion that signified that all was not OK with the t.c., but not now.

The excitation to the t.c. needs to be clean, & you need to get rid of any
spurious oscillations within your primary system.  Otherwise, not only will you
spuriously radiate but you will also pop transistors--as I'm sure you are by
now sadly aware.

Ken Herrick