Re: Possibly dangerous auction

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

>Hi All,
>The following eBay Items look to me like electrolytic caps. If so, and he is
>advertising them for Tesla coil use, he's selling something which may well
blow
>up in the recipients' face first time it's used.
>Tesla coil capacitors 400v 220uf NEW 40,000v Item # 1721890101
>       Can anyone tell for sure what they are?
>Would it be ethical to warn buyers? seller? eBay? All of above?
>Thanks,
>Matt D.

Hi Matt...

your suspicions are correct...  they are DC caps ( electrolytic) and
wont fair well in an AC circuit. The normal application for these caps
are for photoflash circuits.  Hope you have a use for them in something
else than a T coil....

Scot D