Re: MOT buzzing?

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Matt,

The filament winding on a MOT is designed to deliver 3.0-3.7 volts
(depends upon the MOT make/model - most are on the low side of this
range) to the filament of the magnetron. Because they are made with
little extra iron and copper, MOT's can't be overdriven very much
without going into saturation (the buzzing sound you're hearing). You'll
need to add more turns on the filament winding in order to get 5 volts
out.

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--