Re: First lights with MMC successfull, but NST is a one-legger now

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rblaisdell-at-juno-dot-com>

Just a tip if you havent done. so
I have depotted four nst's and freezing them helped immensely in chipping
off excess tar.
This allows the tar to chip and crack rather than stretch like gum.
Once no more tar could be removed in this manner I heated them up in an
old bbq pit keeping them in a big disposable tin pan to keep the tar from
igniting,
then put them in a bucket of mineral spirits and soaked for several days.
After this the tar easily brushes offf with a parts brush, though it is
VERY VERY MESSY.
peace
Ry