Re: First lights with MMC successfull, but NST is a one-legger now

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Goinbonkers-at-aol-dot-com>

Hey Andy,
    Sounds like you burnt out or carbon tracked one of the HV legs on  your
NST.  If you have a multimeter(or an ohmmeter) you can get an idea.  If you
read infinte resistance, you burnt the wire.  If you read a normal to low
resistance,  you carbon track shorted the output.   In either case, you will
have to unpot it and correct the problem.   If you burnt the wire,  hopefully
it occured near the outer winding and you can unwrap it until you find the
break.  Most likely you carbon tracked it and just need to unpot it and then
immerse it in a container of mineral oil.
Good luck,
Mike