First lights with MMC successfull, but NST is a one-legger now

Original poster: "Andy Cobaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kb3ewy-at-rcn-dot-com>

Hello All,

    The past few days i've been working with my new MMC: 1 string of 15 geek
caps.  No bleeders yet, but i've been careful in working with it after it is
run (NST seems to discharge them).  Anyway, I was getting a very spastic 2
footer from a break out point with a small gap setting.  I then wanted to see
if I could get the bang size up a little.  I hooked up all of the copper pipes
there are in my gap.  It was VERY loud after this, and got multiple 18 inchers
even with the breakout point.  I tried to keep my voltage low for these runs
for fear of killing a cap or the NST.  I had the input voltage at about 120
volts when the gap started to act weird.  I turned it off, then turned it back
on just out of curiosity.  It ran weird again and then there was nothing.
Apparently, the fan on the gap quit.  I now blame that on RF getting to the
electronics inside (brushless DC computer fan).  I checked the NST and I get
full voltage on only one of the legs and nothing on the other.  What happened?
Was it the fan's failure to quench the gap.  The NST is a 12/30 Jefferson
Electric.  You can see my setup at my webpage in my signature (the 4" coil).
Any help is appreciated :-)

Andy, KB3EWY
<http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh/andy/tesla.htm>http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh
/andy/tesla.htm