Re: Toroid Recommendations?

Hi Mark,

Don't worry about being confused about toroid size (you'll fit right in). John
speaks with some experience here. I've used a 6" minor diameter toroid on a
13.5"
coil and it worked fine (could have been larger). I now use a 9" x 30"
(spun toroid
bulk buy) on a smaller 8.5" coil. In my mind, the toroid sizing is important to
shield the top secondary winding from premature breakout, for spark
control, and to
add capacity to the resonator. Because it would take a myriad of toroids to
find
out which one would be best on any given coil, I would go with the
experience, of
which John has quite a lot of in the toroid arena.

Also want to say NICE LITTLE COIL! Loved the photos. That little coil did
very well
(before it died). It's a good example of a large toroid to coil size.
Thanks for
sharing!

Take care,
Bart