Re: Toroid Recommendations?

Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark_w_stolz-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>In a message dated 4/12/02 12:27:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>writes:
>

> > So you would increase the minor diameter huh.  Might I sak why?
>
>Mark,     with a 4" minor diameter, you'll likely get quite a few
>streamers, but none will be as long as they would be if a 6"
>dia is used which will give fewer but longer streamers.
>I'm assuming you want to get the maximum spark length.
>
>Cheers,
>John

John,

Sounds good to me.  From the input from everyone it looks like I'll be
shooting for a 6" x ~30" toroid for this coil.  And obviously more power.
:-)  Thanks everyone!

Mark Stolz
Houston, TX

__