Best bug catcher ever!!!!!

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

Hello all,

Today I was coating my new PVC 12" secondary with 2 part epoxy. For some
wonderful reason, it seemed to attract more bugs than the fluorescent
lights above me! These promptly landed on the coil and got stuck in the
epoxy. Although I removed them as best I could, there are still some
entrails, bits of exoskeleton, etc, set in the epoxy. In addition there
are a few strange hairs from the brush (not complete bristles) set in
the epoxy. I'm wondering if this could compromise the electrical
strength of the coil. Most of them are totally covered. I would imagine
that they won't cause problems as some plastic fibres and insect
skeleton probably aren't any more conductive than a cardboard coil form.
But I would like to hear from anyone whoose coil has failed because of
this, before I go ahead and wind on the wire. I can also strongly
reccommend using two part epoxy for coil coatings. It goes on easy and
is probably tougher than any other coating out there. From my local
hardware shop it is also competitively priced.

Cheers,

Greg Peters
Department of Earth Sciences,
University of Queensland, Australia