RE: Best bug catcher ever!!!!!

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Gregory

Shortly after coating a completed 4" secondary coil with polyurethane, I
returned to find at least one hundred moths stuck in the finish. I had place
the coil by an open door to air out the fumes. I quickly washed the coil
with mineral oil using a brush. This got rid of most of the remains, but I
could still see pieces in the finish. Mineral oil thins but does not
dissolve polyurethane. I did not notice any affect upon the performance of
the coil. I must note that there were no large pieces remaining in the
finish. Since you have not wound the form yet, I would lightly sand out the
remains with a fine 220 grit sandpaper for piece of mind.

It is worth investing in and taking proper care of one good brush. They are
expensive, but they don't leave behind bristles. I support my HV hobby by
repairing and refinishing furniture (especially hardwood tables).

Godfrey Loudner