Re: The Best Primary Type Was: A few Q's from a beginner

Hi Chris,

On 2 Apr 2002, at 4:15, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "torlin by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<torlin-at-ghostmail-dot-net>

> Very cool.  I will have to re-look at my CSN book.  So
> that means that his tertiary coil is the one they always
> show him sitting beside reading a book in that double
> exposure pic with all the lightning?  Would that give
> better reaction than having the tertiary off to one side
> connected with a lentgh of pipe or heavy wire?
>
> Chris

    Interesting question. I tried this on a scale model of Tesla's
system and found that performance was better if the extra coil was
positioned outside the primary/secondary system. It turned out that
with the extra coil inside the "fence", interaction between the two
was not insignificant. You can compute all coupling constants quite
accurately with Dr. Rzsesotarski's MandK program.
    I believe Robert Golka was the pioneer of this arrangement. Today
it is rare to see a system arranged as Tesla did.

Regards,
Malcolm