RE: Cap Question

Original poster: "Vanderputten, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gvp-at-pvaintl-dot-com>

I think this whole cap discussion underscores why this List is so fantastic.
There is no finite answer to the cap issue for everyone, and performance,
money, availability and chance all enter into the equation. I just live the
variations. For a modest 1000w coil, I built an MMC with six 10kv/.01mf caps
(about 6" x1.5") that I bought on ebay last spring. The discussion on these
particular caps in the List went from the curious to the highly opinionated
and worse. 'They'll heat up and explode.' By following the List's
recommendations for cap size and protection with respect to tranny size, I
packaged a 30kv/.006 cap for a 12/60 setup. Runs great. Never even gets
warm. Even tried a 15/60 for a short while. Costs $30 for the 6 of them.
Easy to package up. Neat, cheap, and simple to work with.

Informed resourcefulness!

Gary