Re: Flyback Xfrmr help

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi Jonathan

> Can anyone tell me how to hook this thing up? I
> don't want to let the smoke out ;-)

There's only one pin on the bottom that you really need be concerned
about - that's the other end of HV winding.  It generally sits out on
its own a bit.  Check between the HV output stud and the various pins
with a resistance tester until you find the right one.

All the F/B plans that I have seen use a DIY primary - don't panic
because this is often only about ten turns!

The last one that I made (555 driving power MOSFET) was about half a
dozen turns of insulated hookup wire on the other 'leg'.

You'll find all the schematics, instructions, etc., that you want from
this Google search:
http://www.google-dot-com/search?as_q=flyback+driver

Hope this helps.

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith           |   _     ASCII Ribbon Campaign
IT Consultant           |  ( )  - No HTML/RTF in e-mail