New Coil

Original poster: "Sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi All!

 I was putzing around my garage, and what should I find, but a perfectly
functional 12/30 NST!  I decided that I needed another small coil, so I started
lookin' around to see if I had everything.   Friday afternoon I started the
coil by cutting my secondary form.  So far I've got the secondary wound and
coated with polyurethane, the base built, the primary wound, and the toroid
about half-finished.  I'm going to give Marc's triggered gap a try in this
coil.  I've already got the MMC built and ready to go.  I've got all the wiring
to do still, but that's no big deal.  Keeping it neat and tidy is important.

 The stats ,
   3" form, wound with 26ga wire for approx 1092 turns(just under 19").  MMC is
2 strings of 11 caps for ~10nf.  I may run 3 strings if the tranny will push
it.  Primary is ~15 turns of 1/4" tubing spaced 1/4".   The toroid is 3" duct,
I used the base of a 5gal bucket to form the thing (I should measure it
really).     I'm wantin' this system to be my "ozone fix" for when I need it.
A few feet of spark should be in my reach.  Or I can crank the pig into it
(it's a testosterone thing?) for a few giggles ;)

  With my C-3000 I'll be able to update my website in the next few days (it's a
great way to pass the time at work).    So far I've gotten about 50% of the
coil done in only 3 days, with plenty of breaks.   Can't wait for the sparks to
start! :))

Shad