SSTC success!! :o)

Original poster: "Jan Wagner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

Hi,

finally I got my full-bridge SSTC to work, with minimum
warming/heating!

For those interested, there's some pics/video clips at:
 http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner/tesla/SSTC/results-and-progress.htm

Weird but it draws heck of a lot of current, compared to the actual
spark length achieved. Like, 2 amps (220V mains), to get a thick bunch
of 10cm long streamers. And the ferrite core transformer output
voltage had to be around 3kV to set the bigger sparks flying
(although, 20V input is enough for some millimetres of discharge). Ah
hell, probably have to go to larger peak powers and longer interruptor
on-times to get better streamers... or yet another TC secondary... ;o)

cheers,

  - Jan