Re: 240V mod to trigger gap?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/17/01 10:14:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hi List,

snip---_

> On a totally unrelated topic, is it OK to connect tank caps in parallel that
> use different dielectrics?  I was thinking of building a 0.012uF MMC to
> connect in parallel with my existing 0.012uF saltwater caps to give me a
> 0.024uF cap.  I'm inclined to think that this will work just fine, but I
> thought I'd ask the list first...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stacy Gillett
> http://www.student.unimelb.edu.au/~stacycg/

G'day Stacy!
I have run a rolled-poly/Maxwell/MMC-string parallel combo during development
several times without any obvious short-term problems. This is only one case.
Others may have more/different experience with long-term running.

Matt D.